PRODUCT RECALL: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
As your partner in nutrition, we take the quality of our formulas very seriously and are committed to putting safety first.
- Do not use product included in this recall.
- Do not throw away product.
- Talk with your child's healthcare provider to determine an alternate formula to meet their needs at this time.
- Visit similacrecall.com to enter your lot number and confirm your product is included in this recall.
- Then, follow the instructions on similacrecall.com to request your refund or replacement.
- If you purchased EleCare® at retail, return your product to that retailer for a refund, replacement, or store credit.
We regret the frustration or concern caused by our voluntary recall. We are committed to getting product back to infants and children.
1. Sicherer SH, Noone SA, Koerner CB, et al. Hypoallergenicity and efficacy of an amino acid-based formula in children with cow’s milk and multiple food hypersensitivities. J Pediatr 2001;138:688-693.
2. Borschel MW, Ziegler EE, Wedig RT, Oliver JS. Growth of healthy term infants fed an extensively hydrolyzed casein-based or free amino acid-based infant formula: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial. Clin Pediatr. 2013;52(10):910-917.